POZarazzi: Party Poop
by Gabi Horn
Movers, shakers and troublemakers
1. Feathers in Cap: Proud peacocks preened and posed at Project Open Hand’s 10th annual Masquerade Ball in Atlanta last February. No GHB deaths were reported.
2. Fly By Night: Inspired by “rock, Coco Chanel and AIDS,” Oregon Ballet Theatre’s James Canfield outspun “Swan Lake” in March with his all-male “Drifted in a Deeper Land,” a tribute to a dead friend.
3. Bette on It: Baths-to-big-screen diva the divine Miss M. fired up Miami’s Winter Party crowd in March, raining down $220,000 on the Sunshine State’s thirsty gay and AIDS groups.
4. Send in the Gowns: La Liz, Madonna, Minnie Driver (whose backless frock is shown above) and 53 other stars put their Oscar wear on the block to raise $786,120 for amfAR at a March Christie’s auction.
5. Carey v. Carrey: Mariah and Jim fought for the camera’s eye until Sir Elton John stepped in at the post-Oscar AIDS benefit bash he co-hosted with InStyle mag.