1. Condomless in Seattle: Gaggles gathered in April to get the skin-to-skin skinny at “The Rubberless Fuck,” the Gay City Health Project’s barebacking forum in Seattle, including POZ writer Michael Scarce (second from left).
2. Honks for Wonks: In March, Abbott Labs researchers Daniel Norbeck (left) and Dale Kempf were among drug-company lobby PhRMA’s top 10 for their chemical contributions to lowering U.S. AIDS deaths for the third year in a row.
3. Coming Up Rosie: Actor Rosie Perez accepted AIDS Action Council’s National Leadership Award in Washington, DC, in April for doing the right thing.
4. Cooling Their Heels: Twenty-one AIDS activists got cuffed for blocking PhRMA’s DC doors in April, slamming the special interest’s opposition to the HOPE for Africa Act.
5. Check the Label: HIV positive transsexual lesbian thespian Alexandra Billings took gender to task last spring in The Adventures of Herculina at Illinois’ Next Theatre. Next up: She’s top billings in Larry Kramer’s Just Say No.
6. He’s Got a Habit: Pearl necklaces were all the rage at the Sisters for Perpetual Indulgence’s 20th anniversary Easter parade, which closed San Fran’s Castro Street and stuck a swarm of bees up Roman Catholic bonnets.