DEPARTMENT: Client Services
REPORTS TO: Client Services Manager
WORK SITE OPTIONS: Salem
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Current FTE: 1.0 (40 hours/week)
- Starting pay $16.50/hr (Salary range: $16.50 - $19.00/hour ($0.50 differential offered for bilingual English/Spanish)
- Health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Paid holidays, vacation time, and discretionary leave prorated to FTE
- 403 (b) retirement benefits
- This position is *hourly and * /non-exempt
This position works with clients to develop a care plan that will lead to stability, self-sufficiency, and create conditions amenable to client self-management of their health. Care coordinators will participate on the team of providers, and may be the lead of that team.
The role of the Care Coordinator includes assisting the client in accessing medical programs. This includes CAREAssist, OMIP, Medicaid, Medicare, FHIAP. COBRA/Portability, private insurance, Pharmaceutical Patient Assistance, Debt Forgiveness programs, and other local, state and federal medical assistance programs. Ongoing advocacy and support is provided to the client in order to maintain access to medical assistance programs, and minimize any break in access to medical care.
This position will assist clients in accessing private and government social services to meet basic needs such as housing, transportation and food, as well as alcohol and drug programs, mental health services, vocational programs and SSI/SSDI. The Care Coordinator facilitates this access through the provision of referrals, and additional coordination or advocacy as needed.
In addition, this position coordinates access to support services provided through the Ryan White Treatment Modernization Act of 2006.
- Client identification, outreach and engagement
- Psychosocial assessment of need;
- Provide direct one-on-one and phone care coordination services
- Visit accompaniment services
- Make appropriate referrals, including follow up and documentation.
- Conduct phone and face-to-face assessments and annual reassessments
- Development of a service plan or care plan
- Advocate with other case managers and other service providers on behalf of our clients
- HIV education, including explanation of available services, and partner programs
- Implementation of the care plan by linking with service delivery systems;
- Monitoring of service delivery and reassessment of needs
- Maintain up to date referrals for clients in our service area
- Develop and strengthen relationships with service providers in our service areas
- Maintain up to date information regarding OR Medical Assistance programs Maintain up-to-date HIV knowledge;
- Maintain up to date information regarding other benefits and entitlements programs available in Oregon.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate client records, including CareWare
- Participate in required training pertaining to case management
- Participate in necessary meetings
- Assist Director with all necessary reports
- Participate in agency teams
- Other duties as defined by Director and Ryan White Principles and Standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work/Human Service related field and/or
- 2 years full-time case management or related experience
- Client-centered service experience
- Experience working with clients who have substance abuse and/or mental health issues
- Self-manager/self-motivated and solution focused
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Knowledge of local and statewide social service providers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of databases
- Record-keeping & organizational skills
- Willing to be part agency & department teams
- Valid Oregon driver’s license, driving record sufficient to be covered by agency auto insurance policy, ability to transport self to job related events
- TB test
- Flexible hours required, some evenings and weekends
- Ability to pass agency criminal background check
TO APPLY: Please download application. Then, send your application and resume to Sherrie Runion at email@example.com. Only those with both a completed employment application and resume will be considered. Positions are open until filled.