The National Viral Hepatitis Roundtable (NVHR) is a national coalition working together to eliminate hepatitis B and C in the United States. Our vision is a healthier world without hepatitis B and hepatitis C. NVHR is a fiscally sponsored project of Community Initiatives, a San Francisco-based nonprofit organization that provides fiscal sponsorship to large and small nonprofit programs and organizations.
NVHR is seeking a Conference Coordinator for the Patient Summit project. The Conference Coordinator will oversee logistics, including travel, hotel, catering, registration, onsite assistance, materials, and ongoing communication with participants before, during and after event. The Conference Coordinator will also provide some project management support during the planning of the conference.
Conference Coordinator will provide support to ensure that the NVHR Patient Summit builds a successful and informative experience for our community. The Conference Coordinator will provide support in four key areas: 1) conference promotion, 2) constituent engagement / data entry, 3) onsite event support and troubleshooting, and 4) general administration. The Conference Coordinator will work closely with the Program Director, Program Coordinator, and Summit planning committee to ensure smooth functioning of conference systems and marketing activities.
The Conference Coordinator will work approximately 15 hours per week and will have the Program Director as their primary contact to ensure the successful planning and execution of the Summit. Project tasks will include the following:
- Development of online marketing materials in collaboration with conference team
- Online promotion through multiple platforms including social media and listserv
- Ordering and shipment of printed promotional materials
Constituent Engagement/Data Entry
- Assist conference team with effective communication with conference constituents including attendees, facilitators, and speakers
- Assist conference team with responding to all conference emails and ensure appropriate follow-up
Onsite Event Support and Troubleshooting
- Triage questions / issues and ensure timely follow up
- Ensure appropriate placement of conference signage
- Provide assistance with onsite production activities including setup, implementation, and breakdown
- Document issues / lessons learned as they arise for future conferences
General Administrative Support
- Respond to phone and email queries
- Coordinate travel to conference for participants
- Coordinate all shipments to and from the conference
- Background in event planning and support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expert knowledge of MSOffice Suite and Google products
- Expert knowledge of social media platforms and how to use as tools to promote the conference
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Have a computer with reliable internet access
- Available 15 hours per week for an 18-month commitment
- Personality suited for working in a small organization where teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued.
- Ability to adhere to project milestone deadlines
- Familiarity with and comfort using online tools such as Dropbox and Google Drive
- Personal experience with challenges affecting the viral hepatitis community, including experience living with hepatitis B or hepatitis C. People who currently use or have a history of substance use, sex workers, people of color, women, members of the LGBTQIA+ communities, or people who have experienced housing insecurity are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Experience working with a remote team.