Lambda Legal seeks an experienced, dynamic and creative email marketer to write, execute, optimize, and report on Lambda Legal’s email advocacy and fundraising campaigns using Convio. The Email Strategist will report to Lambda Legal’s Digital Director and work with the communications, fundraising, and legal teams to drive people to take action and support Lambda Legal’s work through email.
This exciting position is based in New York. In addition to collaborating closely with others in the Communications Department, the Email Strategist will be an integral component of the fundraising team and will liaise with other departments as necessary.
Lambda Legal is a national nonprofit organization committed to achieving full recognition of the civil rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people and everyone with HIV through impact litigation, education, and public policy work. Founded in 1973 and headquartered in New York City, Lambda Legal operates regional offices in Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta and Dallas and Washington DC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Email Strategist should bring a strategic, creative, and technical expertise in developing and executing email campaigns. You should also possess the following:
- Email Strategy & Execution. You will handle all aspects of email strategy, including planning, writing, designing, executing, optimizing, targeting, and reporting. You will actively find opportunities for Lambda Legal to use email to accomplish advocacy and fundraising goals.
- Convio Expertise and Technical Knowledge. You know Convio inside and out and are comfortable training others to use the platform. You can code and test HTML emails in your sleep, and when problems arise, you’ve got ideas to help troubleshoot.
- Understanding of Online Fundraising & Marketing. You should have demonstrated experience in demonstrating email to drive growth in fundraising. You understand how the Lambda Legal development team can should use email to grow fundraising revenue.
- Integrated Campaign Management. You will coordinate the development of landing pages for all email campaigns, including petitions, legislative action, fundraising, and event registration pages.
- Testing & Reporting. Designing and implementing A/B and multivariate split tests is second nature for you. Additionally, you will collect and analyze email metrics and provide reports to different teams that serve as benchmark tools with forward-thinking next steps.
- Dynamic Writing and Storytelling Skills. With demonstrated capabilities for message discipline and for narrative communications, you should ensure Lambda Legal tells compelling stories about its clients and work that encourage audiences to take action.
Qualifications: Ideally you should have 2+ years of previous email marketing experience for advocacy and fundraising along with a strong proficiency in Convio, and strong writing, strategic, and technical skills. You should have a commitment to the civil rights of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender and everyone living with HIV.
Salary is commensurate with experience in the context of a mid-size non-profit advocacy organization. Excellent benefits package is provided including medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance. Generous vacation.
Application: The position is open until filled. We’d love to hear from you, so please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Email Strategist” in the subject line of your email. Internal applicants are welcome and encouraged.
No calls please. Due to the high volume of applications, Lambda Legal cannot return phone calls about the position and, regrettably, may be unable to notify applicants of the status of applications until the selection process is complete.
Lambda Legal is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff and is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, transgender and gender-nonconforming people, people with abilities in multiple languages, immigrants, and people living with disabilities, including HIV, are encouraged to apply.