Broward House, Inc. is a not for profit social service agency serving Broward County with multiple programs for individuals infected and affected by HIV, homelessness, substance abuse and mental health issues. The population served is diverse in race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender and age.
We are currently looking for a Case Manager to join our dynamic client services department who is effective in working with diverse populations. In addition to other duties, this position is responsible for:
- Completing bio-psychosocial assessments and ongoing assessment of client’s strengths, needs, abilities and preferences.
- Developing an individual plan of care and/or transition plan based on identified client’s needs with a focus on accessing and adhering to medical care
- Arranging for services and completing referrals required for client based on individualized needs.
- Meeting with internal and external interdisciplinary treatment team members to coordinate client services and documents outcomes of meetings, including hospitals, health department and medical providers
- Arranging for discharge or transfer from services as dictated by program and client needs.
- Submitting all documentation in an accurate and timely manner. Maintaining program established productivity levels.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in a social service or health related field Or Licensed Practical Nurse with 2 years case management/social services experience
- HIV/AIDS knowledge preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, collaborating agencies and the public
- Ability to demonstrate and model culturally competent behavior
- Moderate to Advanced Computer Skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Knowledge of Substance Abuse and Mental Health Symptoms and basic interventions, preferred
- Bilingual - English/Creole
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT TO A LEVEL 2 BACKGROUND AND PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREENING.