Broward House, Inc. is a not for profit social service agency serving Broward County with multiple programs for individual infected and affected by HIV, homelessness, substance abuse and mental health issues.
We are looking for an HIV/STI/HEP C Testing Specialist to work in our HIV Intervention and Prevention Program targeting the LGBTQ community and minorities highly impacted by HIV. The candidate will have a strong comfort level working with the target population as well as providing HIV testing, community outreach, individual intervention, group facilitation, and case management services. Hours will vary, including weekend, evenings, and some late nights at location with high traffic of target population.
This position is primarily responsible for:
- Completing a risk assessment and ongoing assessment of client’s strengths, needs, abilities and preferences.
- Developing an risk reduction and care plan based on assessments
- Providing individual and group intervention to address substance abuse and HIV risk factors or HIV Care, including aftercare follow-up
- Refer and Link individuals to community services to meet planned goals
- Conducting HIV/STD testing which includes urine and blood draws
- Developing and presenting prevention and education information in a group setting.
- Completing electronic health record and data base requirements
- Maintaining and submitting all documentation in an accurate and timely manner