Under the direction of the Program Manager of the Vance North Necessities of Life Program (NOLP), the Site Coordinator-Food Drive will promote access to food and nutrition education services to people living with HIV/AIDS through the distribution of food and personal hygiene, coordination of food pantry operations, and food drives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate all aspects of NOLP food distribution sites, including preparing sites for opening, food preparation shelves and assist with the unloading of site’s weekly food delivery, distribution of food and hygiene items, maintaining organization of sites, and maintaining cleanliness.
- Communicate with community partner distribution sites about operating hours, delivery site needs (cleanliness, supplies, etc.).
- Monitor and maintain safety procedures at each delivery site.
- Work with the Registered Dietician and Site Coordinator – Nutrition, with maintaining current and relevant educational materials at each food pantry site.
- Enter progress notes in Casewatch regarding disposition of clients, referrals, changes of address, telephone information, and information required for monthly reporting.
- Assure client confidentiality as defined by APLA policy and procedures.
- Register and update eligibility of clients presenting for services.
- Supervise volunteers and maintain an accurate accounting of volunteer hours, as well as assist the Volunteer Resources Program Manager with volunteer recruitment activities, training, and scheduling of volunteers.
- Work with NOLP’s Site Assistants with maintaining an accurate weekly inventory of food stock.
- Assist NOLP’s Site Assistants with organizing, cleaning and maintaining the warehouse which includes: stocking freezer, cooler and shelves and preparing client pre-bagged groceries.
- Assist the program with monthly and year-end inventory procedures.
- Drive NOLP’s cargo van and box truck to make deliveries and pickups, as necessary. Provide driving assistance with APLA’s revenue producing events.
- Coordinate donation solicitation by maintaining NOLP’s presence during weekend food drive activities and assisting with APLA’s Development Department food drive events.
- Assist with receiving and verifying shipments.
- Assist in the preparation of documents and/or reports as it relates to the requirements of various funding sources.
- Attend regularly scheduled in-services, as well as outside conferences, workshops to become updated on the latest referrals and information necessary to respond to client needs.
- Provide written and statistical reports as needed.
- Participate in program team and community meetings.