VIP Community Services is committed to the principles of equal opportunity employment and to the compliance with all Federal, State and local laws concerning employment discrimination. VIP Community Services ensures equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, creed, marital status, color, sex, age religion, national origin, sexual preference or ancestry, citizenship, lawful alien status, disability, genetics, prior arrest record, veteran status, liability for service in the United States Armed Forces, status as a victim of domestic violence or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Provides clinical services and coordinates concrete and clinical needs to maximize success in services
- Conducts groups in varied community settings to provide harm reduction, safe use, and psychoeducation services to individuals with Behavioral Health issues who are at high risk for HIV/AIDS
- Provides education and harm reduction services
- Utilizes Evidence Based Practices to provide services to clients and community
- Develop partnerships within the community to establish linkages and relationships to provide services
- Provide services in an evidence based manner to encourage retention in services
- Refer to additional services as appropriate
- Function within an interdisciplinary team to provide high quality and evidence based services
- Licensed Master Social Worker
- 5 years of providing direct clinical services, preferably in a mental health or substance use setting
- Knowledge of chemical dependency and mental health issues
- Skilled in interpersonal skills with staff and colleagues throughout VIP and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to verbally express ideas and concepts clearly to others.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to maintain charts as per policy and procedures.
- Bilingual, ability to speak Spanish desirable.