Here are some questions to ask your health care provider about how to manage your weight and improve your overall health and fitness.
- What is a healthy weight range for someone of my age, sex and body type?
- Are my blood sugar, cholesterol and blood pressure normal?
- Am I at risk for cardiovascular disease, fatty liver disease or kidney problems?
- Am I taking an optimal antiretroviral regimen?
- What is your advice for a healthy diet?
- What types of food and drinks should I cut down on or avoid?
- How much physical activity do I need?
- What types of exercise are best for someone of my age and health status?
- How much sleep should I get each night?
- Are there medications that can help me lose weight or shed fat?
- What is your advice for managing stress, depression and anxiety?
- What else can I do to improve my overall health and fitness?
For a related POZ Focus article on the challenge of losing weight, read “Managing Weight Gain.”